Masaya Iwasaki is a Ph.D student in
Symbiotic Media Group,
Department of Adaptive Machine Systems, Osaka University.@
( April 2016- )
- 2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
Room 411, U1w (GSE Common West), Suita Campus (map)
- +81 6 6879 4181
|March 2018||Master of Engineering, Osaka University (Adviser: Hideyuki Nakanishi)|
|March 2016||Bachelor of Engineering, Doshisha University|
- Masaya Iwasaki, Jian Zhou, Mizuki Ikeda, Yuki Koike, Yuya Onishi, Tatsuyuki Kawamura and Hideyuki Nakanishi.gThat Robot Stared Back at Me!h: Demonstrating Perceptual Ability is Key to Successful Human-Robot Interactions. Frontiers in Robotics and AI, 2019. WEB
- Masaya Iwasaki, Jian Zhou, Mizuki Ikeda, Tatsuyuki Kawamura and Hideyuki Nakanishi.gA Customer's Attitude to a Robotic Salesperson Depends on Their Initial Interaction.h International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 2018), pp. 300-305, 2018. PDF
- Masaya Iwasaki, Jian Zhou, Mizuki Ikeda, Yuya Onishi, Tatsuyuki Kawamura and Hideyuki Nakanishi. Acting as if Being Aware of Visitors' Attention Strengthens a Robotic Salesperson's Social Presence. 7th International Conference on Human-Agent Interaction (HAI2019), pp. 19-27, 2019.WEB
[Best Paper Award]
- Jian ZhouCMasaya IwasakiCMizuki IkedaCMichelle GeilenbergCTatsuyuki KawamuraCHideyuki NakanishiCgToward a Socially Intelligent Robotic Salesperson: A Preliminary Field Experiment in Kyoto's Nishiki MarkethCThe 1st International Symposium on Systems Intelligence DivisionC2018.
- Masaya Iwasaki, Jian Zhou, Yuki Koike, Yuya Onishi, Tatsuyuki Kawamura and Hideyuki Nakanishi. gAppropriate Timing of a Robot's Talk Enhances Its Social Presence.hThe 1st International Symposium on Systems Intelligence Division, 2019.